In the series on Bitachon [Actualizing Our Faith] the Rav explains about a kind of bitachon where I trust that Hashem will fulfill what I wish, and that there are certain times when one can use this kind of bitachon. However, the Rav didn’t explain more than that. I want to know:
1) When can I use this kind of bitachon? Can it be used for material concerns or spiritual concerns? Can it be used for worldly matters? Is this a level that a person can practice throughout the day, or only at certain times?
2) Also, what is the way and attitude by which a person can acquire this kind of bitachon?
3) From what power in soul is a person able to have faith that his wishes will be fulfilled?
4) How can a person do this on a level of lishmah?
5) What is the way to reach it, and what are the tools that a person needs, through which a person cannot acquire this bitachon without? What is the advice for this? What prevents it, and how can a person overcome the obstacles towards it?
- It can be used for all matters [worldly and spiritual]. Generally it should be used at certain times of the day, except for a few rare individuals [who are able to be on this level throughout the day].
- Hashem has designed a law within Creation that if people place their trust in Him, this is a power that draws down blessing to them.
- By having emunah (belief) that Hashem has designed Creation this way, as stated above. Alternatively, if one has faith for the purposes of pure Avodas Hashem.
- The external layer of this power is the ability to be stubborn. The inner use of this power is to have pure emunah (belief/faith/trust/reliance in Hashem).
- [Bitachon is prevented by a] lack of stubbornness and a lack of emunah, as implied above. The rest follows.